8.22.2007

Dear Blogger Help Desk,

I'm interested in starting a blog and I have a specific name in mind. Wouldn't you agree that the answer to the question "what's in a name?" is everything? Didn't God create the world through the word?

So here's the situation: Mylife.blogspot.com is meant to be my name... I just know it. But instead it's been kidnapped by a nogoodnik who published one thing in 2005. It wasn't even interesting! I tried my-life.blogspot.com and, believe it or not, it had absolutely no posts. Life.blogspot.com & me.blogspot.com produced similar results.

How is this fair?

Here's what I believe: I believe that poorly utilized, under appreciated, mistreated domains should be freed from their creative confinement and released to other, potentially prolific bloggers. I believe in a one post per year requirement. I believe that domain names should be a privilege not a right.

Let's put it another way: Imagine you were a blog. You had a name. You were created. Yet for days upon weeks upon months nothing happened. What a sad existence. This is not what a blog was meant to be.

I hope you will take this request under advisement. And if the rules change and these blog domains are released... please let me know!

Yours,

meme

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"How is this fair?" You of all people should know the answer to this question. After all, what is in a word...mylife, TM - life is not fair. Or at least that is what my loving Jewish mother used to tell me. I also find it very disturbing that you would be willing to pull life support from a downtrodden albeit neglected blog, if only to serve a selfish purpose of your own. Yes, a sad existence when one has such little respect for a blog that can still smile when one walks into the room, can recognize a voice by showing fear, satisfaction and love on its pathetic contorted home page. *sigh* What has happened to social justice, respect for one another's reality, compassion for wo/man kind? Is the world comprised of such distain for blog life that a simple vacation, dormant or apathetic attitude, a deep sleep or coma can cause such rant from a new Blog!!!! Wait a minute....look who is ranting now? Oops. Sorry. Um, I hope you get all you want in the future and I welcome you with open arms and, hey how about a date?

meme said...

So I'm selfish... but you wanna date me?